Thursday 19 September 2013

The Red Box Criticisms

The Red Box


Recently, I had my first criticisms that went a bit like this...


On the contrary, I did not find it condescending at all. I appreciated the message although it didn't make as much sense to me. So after chatting to him again, I understood the statement. 'The shots are too normal and that doesn't make the red box significant'.

I had agree with his perception as most people didn't get the reaction I was expecting and so I knew something hadn't worked. After looking at the video several times asking myself what could I do better with my shots and objects in the film, I decided the critic himself - 'What would you suggest to make the shots/objects significant?' So he answered with many ideas such as the background story to the plot, in his exact words 'perhaps, shots of someone in that room and house leaving it in one state but coming back to see this strange box (I think the suitcase itself is perfect, wonderfully strange and alluring)... and the end of the ''taster'' is that person putting it onto the bed and unclipping it...' After reading this my head bounced off the walls with new exciting ideas that I cannot wait for everyone to see...



Also, I had another criticism from a person in my fathers work, he asked: Why do we see your shadow in the video?

And the answer to that is that I when I was filming the light from downstairs had still been on and then that affected the filming as it had shown my shadow. But after looking at it  again, it looked suspicious as now you know there is a person going up the stairs rather than a box that was situated in a random room.

No comments:

Post a Comment